Our commitment to data protection
The aim of this Privacy notice is to inform you how MGSI handles and protects personal data that you may provide when visiting the website http://ldpd.lu/officiel/ (hereafter the ”LDPD website”). The present notice provides also information about navigation data and cookies. Please note that this notive may be amended prior to the event by MGSI. Any amendments will be uploaded on the LDPD website.
1/ The data controller
MGSI Sàrl, represented by Mélanie GAGNON is the data controller.
MGSI whose registered office is 1 rue Bender, L-1229 Luxembourg.
Tél : +352 28 89 27 00
2/ / Which data do we collect?
The use of LDPD website does not require the collection of your personal data.
MGSI does nevertheless collect and process your personal data as data controller only when you request information from us per e-mail, when you register to the Luxembourg Data Protection Days (“LDPD”) and in order to fulfil your subscription request to our newsletter.
We may collect and process the following categories of personal data:
- Personal identification data and professional data (e.g.: your name, your company, your title or position, your contact details, information you provide to us for the purposes of attending the event);
- Connection data (necessary cookies which are indispensable for visiting and using the LPDP website, Functional cookies (e.g. language cookies).
3/ For what purpose do we process your data?
MGSI will process the collected data only:
- for responding to your contact request and send you any information relating to the LDPD event (i.e. based on MGSI’s legitimate business purposes to provide information requested by you);
- for the registration to the Luxembourg Data Protection Days event (i.e. based on the execution of the contract to which you are a party through your registration);
- sending you our newsletter and any news related to this event.
4/ Data retention
Your data is kept for the period necessary for the achievement of these purposes. The data processed to respond to your contact request may be retained for logistical purposes up to a maximum of 12 months from the last day of the event.
Your personal data collected for sending you our newsletter will be retained for three years as of their collection or the last contact we have had with you.
When you exercise your right to object regarding our newsletter, the information necessary to take the appropriate measures regarding your right to object are retained for at least three years from your request to object. These data are not used for other purposes than the monitoring of the objection. We ensure that only the most necessary data elements are recorded to satisfy your objection request (i.e. email address).
5/ Processors and recipients
We may share your information with our co-organiser, the Chamber of commerce, with IT and other service providers or with business partners involved in organising or hosting the relevant event. When selecting such providers or partners, we implement necessary measures to ensure that recipients of your personal data commit to comply with GDPR requirements.
Where necessary, personal information may also be shared with regulatory authorities. While it is unlikely, we may be required to disclose your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
Furthermore, photographs and / or videos may be taken by event organizers, sponsors, speakers or attendees. By taking part to this event you grant MGSI and the Chamber of Commerce full rights to use the images resulting from photography/video filming. Photos may be shared on electronic, social and print media.
If you do not wish to be photographed during the event, please inform the organiser upon arrival at the venue.
6/ Your Rights
Under The General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) you have the following rights:
- Right of access:you have the right to obtain confirmation on how we process your personal data and to obtain a copy of these data;
- Right to rectification:you have the right to request the rectification of your inaccurate personal data or to have incomplete personal data completed;
- Right to erasure:in specific cases, you have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. We may, however, retain certain information about you as required by law or when we have a legal basis to do so;
- Right to restriction of processing:you have the right to obtain the restriction of specific personal data processing when one of the following applies:
- When you have contested the accuracy of your personal data, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- If your personal data have been processed by the controller in an unlawful way and you oppose erasure and request the restriction of their use instead:
- The controller no longer needs your personal data, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- When you have exercised your right to object, for a period enabling us to verify whether our legitimate grounds override yours.
- Right to data portability:you have the right to receive personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit these data to another controller;
- Right to object:you have the right to object at any time, on grounds related to your particular situation, to any processing of your personal data necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or based on legitimate interest. You also have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing;
- Right to lodge a complaint:you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority;
- Right to withdraw your consent: when your data is processed with your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
If you have any questions regarding this privacy notice and your personal data or if you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us by using one of the following means:
- By email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post, to the following address: MGSI Sàrl,1 rue Bender, L-1229 Luxembourg
- By phone: +352 28 89 27 00
External links and Social media shares
Our website may contain links to external social media sites over which MGSI has no control. We invite you to take note of the conditions and policies of these sites to know how they handle and use your personal data.
You have the possibility to share the pages of our site that interest you on the social networks by clicking on the sharing buttons.
By clicking on one of the sharing buttons, the corresponding site will open a new window asking you to log in to share the desired page. We will alert you that if you are already logged in via another tab of your browser, the third-party site will be able to detect it.
The collection of information through social networking buttons is subject to the privacy policies of those third parties over which we have no control. We invite you to read the policies of these social networks to be informed about the use made of your personal data.
THE CONTENT OF LDPD WEBSITE IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE AN ADVICE OR A RECOMMENDATION. NO RIGHTS WHATSOEVER CAN BE DERIVED FROM THE LDPD’S WEBSITE CONTENT. MGSI AND CHAMBER OF COMMERCE LUXEMBOURG SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM THE CONTENT OF LDPD WEBSITE. LDPD’S WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT (NOTABLY PICTURES, LOGOS) ARE THE SOLE PROPERTY OF MGSI AND/OR CHAMBER OF COMMERCE LUXEMBOURG AND SHALL NOT BE USED WITHOUT ITS/THEIR PRIOR WRITTEN AUTHORISATION.
Last update : 20-03-2019